Abandoned Prosperity

America, for all its supposed wealth and prosperity, has many abandoned places. From natural disasters, to foreclosures, to budget cuts, to rebuilding; I've seen quite a few in my short life-time. All across this vast country people are homeless, when there are many buildings and places that could be "repurposed" to house them. This blog is all about the places I've lived and explored, over the past 50 years. It also involves other things of interest to me, which will become apparent as I continue along. Most places and events I can only remember and have no photographs of them. Currently, I'm active in exploring the current state I live in, Tennessee, when time permits me to do so. Follow along in my foot-steps as I clambour over and sometimes into the abandoned debris of our society...from junkyards to cellars to my own mind.

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

The House On Lovell Road Pt.2


Here's the front of the garage for the house on Lovell Road. Like the house, it's seen better days. Let's take a look inside, shall we?





Not sure if this was a two-car garage originally but, there is no end to the debris; most of it from contractors using the site as a dumping ground. At least that what the obvious clews lead me to believe. And from the amount of decay in this little hut, it'd probably be cheaper to tear it down and build new.


I didn't notice the rear of the garage until I was making a return trip from the other out-building (which I've dubbed the "factory") so, I was pleasantly surprised at the graffiti mural there on the wall. It's no Banksy but well done and you can see why the artist chose to put it here and not expose it in front (I'm guessing, here). The statement it makes is rather obvious. Graffiti abounds here, especially in the "factory". You'll get to see that in Part 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment